About Purple Flag
The Purple Flag programme was developed following the Civic Trust Night Vision report in 2006, and is now run by the Association of Town Centre Management, London.
Halifax continues to be the only town in West Yorkshire to hold a Purple Flag award!
From 2010 to 2014, the town has consistently been assessed as being a safe and welcoming place for a night out.
Purple Flag is:
- an accreditation process similar to Green Flag Award for parks and Blue Flag for beaches. It leads to Purple Flag status for town centres that meet or surpass the standards of excellence in the evening and night-time economy;
- a comprehensive set of standards, management processes and good practice examples designed to help transform town and city centres at night;
- a research, training and development programme, to help towns and cities improve their evening and night-time economy;
- a positive initiative that indicates an entertaining, diverse, safe and enjoyable night out.
For more information visit Purple flag award
Getting ready for a night out?
Pick up your free 'Purple Safety Guide' with information on how you can stay safe and useful contacts numbers from any of the following places:
Halifax Bus Station
Pennine Housing 2000 Office, Bull Green
North Bridge Leisure Centre or
Angels Rest Cafe (Crossley Street, Halifax).
Or you can download a copy: Purple safety guide [PDF 2845KB]
For more information contact:
- Username Community Safety and Resilience Team
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 288001
Community Safety and Resilience Team