The Community Management of Assets policy and procedure is for community groups and other relevant bodies. It communities to express an interest in taking a greater role in the use, or management, of a Council owned building or land. It also allows communities to make a request for a 'Community Asset Transfer'. This is not the same as the Community right to bid .
If your group is interested in a building or land owned by the Council, contact your local Neighbourhood team. They will deal with the initial query. If it is to proceed, it goes to our Corporate Asset and Facilities Management team. They will contact your group to take it further.
Most of the Council's major assets are mapped and shown on Map of Council assets.
- Community Management of Assets Policy [PDF 175KB]
- Community Management of Assets Procedure [PDF 183KB]
- Helping You Prepare for Managing a Community Asset [PDF 371KB]
- Example Expression of Interest Form [PDF 115KB]
- Example Expression of Interest Assessment Form [PDF 73KB]
- Example Business Case Assessment Form [PDF 82KB]
For more information on Community Asset Transfer, contact:
- Username Stephen Hoyle
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 392028