There are many ways that everyone can get involved in what happens in their neighbourhood. You can actually take steps to make real improvements to local areas. Here are some examples:
- Report the problems on our streets and public spaces ;
- Attend or contact Ward Forums ;
- Community clean ups and The Big Tidy Up .
Our Safer Cleaner Greener team attends your local Ward Forums, to help answer questions and deal with local issues. For more information, to have your say, or get involved, see: Ward Forums .
Community and Neighbourhood Action Groups, like local Yorkshire in Bloom and other community groups, work hard. This creates community pride and improve their areas for everyone who lives there. Safer Cleaner Greener Teams work with groups throughout Calderdale to help these groups with clean ups and other events. Constituted community groups can even apply for funding from a number of places to help with their work. For groups seeking information and assistance to help with their voluntary work, visit: North Bank Forum: Sector Support Calderdale .
Some of the local groups we work with on clean ups are:
- Blackshaw Head Environment Action Team (BEAT)
- Barkisland Big Tidy Up
- Elland and District Partnership.
Use the Council's Clubs and Societies directory to find other environmental and clean up groups in your area. You can even add your own group to the directory.
Community clean up events are often supported by different partnerships, including:
- Calderdale Council;
- West Yorkshire Community Rehabilitaion Company ;
- Community Payback Teams;
- Together Housing ;
- local schools;
- local businesses;
- Keep Britain Tidy and many others.
Keep Britain Tidy is an environmental charity which works throughout the UK to promote the anti-litter campaign. They can provide local groups with information on clean-ups. They can also supply you with:
- bags, posters and other materials and ideas on how to organise clean ups in local areas.
To take part, all you need to do is to gather together a few like-minded people. To register your event, or to find an event taking place in your area, visit: The Big Tidy Up .
To give people a helping hand, everyone who registers will receive a special clean-up kit. This includes bin bags, tabards, badges and posters. You also get top tips and guidance on carrying out your tidy up and safety advice. You can ask the Council's Safer Cleaner Greener Service to borrow litter pickers. They will even send someone to collect your bags of rubbish, after your clean up.
To arrange a community clean up, or for information on any neighbourhood cleansing issue, phone: 01422 284428 or email: email@example.com .
We are doing our bit, are you doing yours? Please do not drop litter, let us work together to keep Calderdale clean.
Contact Safer Cleaner Greener Services
Safer Cleaner Greener teams working in your Neighbourhood Areas, delivering:
- street cleansing, grounds maintenance, countryside services, play ground maintenance, tree management, park and nature reserve management services.
You can request our services online:
- Report damaged / overflowing bin
- Report dog fouling
- Report fly tipping
- Report graffiti or flyposting
- Request for removal of dead animal from road or pavement
- Request new litter bin
You can also contact:
Support for community clean-ups
- Username Safer Cleaner Greener Services
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org