There are many ways to get involved in your neighbourhood and make real improvements to your local area:
- join one of the Council’s Big Clean events ;
- ask us to help with equipment and guidance for your own clean up;
- tell us about your clean up so others can know about it and can get involved;
- report problems on our streets and public spaces ;
- and numerous volunteer opportunities to work with our safer, cleaner, greener team. You can express your interest on our volunteering page .
Join in our 'Big Cleans'
Over the last year we have had several focused days of action with partners at:
- Sowerby Bridge.
Our next days of action will be at Hebden Bridge .
Ask us to help with equipment and guidance for your own clean up
The Council can provide lots of help with your locally organised event. This can be guidance around safety, or equipment to help you. You can borrow litter pickers and we will even send someone to collect your bagged rubbish, after your clean up. To arrange a community clean up, or for information on any neighbourhood cleansing issue, phone: 01422 284428 or email: email@example.com .
Tell us about your clean up so others can know about it and can get involved
Use the Council's Clubs and Societies directory to find other environmental and clean up groups in your area. You can even add your own group to the directory. It could inspire others to do the same!
Attend or contact Ward Forums
Our Safer Cleaner Greener team attends your local Ward Forums, to help answer questions and deal with local issues. For more about this, to have your say or get involved, see: Ward Forums .
Other organisations that can help
Contact Safer Cleaner Greener Services
Safer Cleaner Greener teams working in your Neighbourhood Areas, delivering:
street cleansing, grounds maintenance, countryside services, play ground maintenance, tree management, park and nature reserve management services.
You can request our services online:
- Report damaged / overflowing bin
- Report graffiti or flyposting
- Request for removal of dead animal from road or pavement
- Request new litter bin