- An election is to be held of ONE Councillor for the above mentioned ward.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at Electoral Services, Lower Ground Floor, Northgate House, Northgate, Halifax, HX1 1UN on any day after the date of this notice (except for Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays), but not later than 4pm on Thursday 11 May 2017.
- Forms of nomination paper may be obtained from the Returning Officer at Electoral Services, Lower Ground Floor, Northgate House, Northgate, Halifax, HX1 1UN, who will, at the request of any elector for the electoral ward, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday 8 June 2017.
- Electors and their proxies should take note that applications to be treated as a postal voter, together with notices of amendment to, or cancellation of, existing postal and proxy voting applications, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Town Hall, Halifax HX1 1UJ by 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 23 May 2017 if they are to be effective for this election.
New applications to be treated as a proxy voter must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5.00 pm on Wednesday 31 May 2017 if they are to be effective for this election. Electors who, after this date, become unable to attend the polling station due to service, occupation, employment or medical reasons may apply to vote by proxy up to 5.00pm on Thursday 8 June 2017.
Dated: 3 May 2017