A list of useful links for reference in case of an emergency. Links included are emergency-specific information resources, national & international organisations and post-trauma support.
In an emergency
- National Grid
- npower , West Yorkshire Electricity
- West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- West Yorkshire police
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Yorkshire Water
Local Radio Stations
Guidance and Information
- Emergency Response and Recovery : Guidance produced by the Cabinet Office outlining the approach to preparing for, responding to and recovering from emergencies.
- Emergency Response Manual [PDF 801KB] : This outlines the roles and responsibilities of the West Yorkshire Emergency Planning Officers' forum.
- Flooding in Calderdale [PDF 754KB] : This gives advice on:
- how to prepare in advance of flooding;
- what to do;
- who to contact if flooding occurs;
- and who is responsible.
- Don't Panic - Prepare [PDF 1653KB] : This explains how you and your family can prepare for an emergency (produced by Calderdale's Emergency Planning team).
- West Yorkshire Resilience Forum Annual Report 2015 [PDF 1215KB]
For advice or news in the event of an emergency
National and international organisations
- British Red Cross (Website not available 04/04/2018).
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure
- MI5 Security Service
For advice, training and information
- Disaster Research Center
- Emergency Planning College
- Guardian Unlimited: Emergency Planning
- Health and Safety Executive
Emergency-specific information resources
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- British Transport Police
- Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- The Department of Health
- Environment Agency
- Environment Agency: Flooding
- Highways Agency
- Met Office
- Mountain Rescue Council
- National Search and Rescue Dog Association
- NHS Choices: Symptom checkers
- Health and safety in the nuclear industry
- Essential Guide To Flood Planning & Preparation
- National Safety Council: Emergency Preparedness