There is a comprehensive range of data held on many different topics, including population, households, business, education, health and crime. Much of the data is open and available to view. This page highlights some of the main sources.
For a summary of demographic information on this Borough, covering population, ethnicity and transport links, read: Calderdale overview [PDF 107KB] .
To see more detail, visit:
The JSNA includes a more detailed version of the demographic information on Calderdale.
A national census is held every ten years. The information is held by the: Office for National Statistics (ONS) , with information from previous censuses.
The latest census was held on March 27th 2011. For more on this, visit: Census 2011 .
The information collected includes topics such as:
- Demographics: age, gender, ethnicity, marital status, migration patterns, health, long-term illness;
- Household: type, tenure, size, resources;
- Economic: activity, employment, occupation, travel to work.
Information can be found at Borough, ward, output areas and postcode, dependent on the information that you look up.
If you want to look up personal information on your family history, see: Local studies and family history .
Economic updates are produced on a regular basis during the year. They provide current data trends and benchmarking information on employment, business, skills and housing: Economic update - July 2016 [PDF 1162KB]
You might also be interested in:
- NOMIS: National Online Manpower Information System Data on the national and local economy and labour market;
- Crime statistics can be found in:
- Land registry: House price index House prices by authority or address.
For more information, contact the Performance and Business Intelligence team by email at: email@example.com .