Open data is about increased transparency and sharing the information we hold with the wider community.
Calderdale Data Works is our Open Data Platform where our data is made freely available for anyone to use and republish, without restrictions.
Use the data, share ideas, read our innovation stories, submit your data. Help us build a bigger, richer picture of Calderdale.
Data is published in the following categories:
- Education is data on Calderdale schools, numbers of pupils in primary and secondary schools, school admissions and children's centres.
- Environment is data on Environmental Health service requests and fixed penalty notices, air quality, Northern Powergrid and Yorkshire Water data.
- Health is data on the public health profile for each Ward, with location details for Calderdale's Doctors, Dentists and Opticians.
- Land and Property is data on business rates, land and building assets, planning applications and parking.
- Organisation and Salaries is salaries of senior Council staff, employee numbers and pay scales, election results, customer contacts, also Councillor allowances and expenses.
- Population is data broken down by Ward and also IMD data for Calderdale.
- Society is data on wards, tourism, grants and funerals.
- Spending and Procurement is data on Council contracts, budget, procurement card transactions, payments to suppliers, also grants to voluntary and community organisations.
- Transparency is data on all of the required datasets we publish under the Transparency code, see below.
- Transport is data on gritting routes, metro card usage, railway stations, parking, road safety and cycling.
Transparency and Freedom of Information
The Local Government Transparency Code requires Local Authorities to publish information in order to increase democratic accountability. This makes it easier for local people to contribute to the decision-making process and help shape public services. Information and datasets published as part of the Transparency code, are available on: Calderdale Data Works and: The Freedom of Information Publication Scheme .