Referral letter to the Secretary of State for Health
Members of the Joint Health Scrutiny Committee for Kirklees and Calderdale have written to the Secretary of State regarding the Right Care Right Time Right Place proposals.
The documents outline the findings of the scrutiny committees analysis of the proposals, the reasons for referring the plans to government, and asks the Minister to provide a way forward that will address their concerns.
- Calderdale and Kirklees Joint Health Scrutiny Committee referral letter [PDF 311KB]
- 1. Chronology -Calderdale and Kirklees Joint Health Scrutiny Committee reconfiguration of hospital and community health services in Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield [PDF 192KB]
- 2. Calderdale and Kirklees Joint Health Scrutiny Committee - Decision Summary [PDF 145KB]
- 3. Combined response to proposals for future arrangements for hospital and community health services in Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield [PDF 333KB]
- 4. Public consultation on proposed future arrangements for hospital and community health services [PDF 1142KB]
- 5. Scrutiny Chair's response to report and recommendations [PDF 360KB]
- 6. Report to the Joint Calderdale and Kirklees Health Overview and Scrutiny Panel - July 2017 [PDF 480KB]
- 7. Independent report and recommendations [PDF 480KB]
Calderdale and Kirklees Councils have established a joint health scrutiny committee to examine proposals from the Calderdale and the Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Groups (the CCGs), for hospital reconfiguration. The Clinical Commissioning Group's Pre-consultation business case details the CCG proposals can be viewed here: CCG proposals [PDF 3999KB]
Calderdale and Kirklees Joint Health Scrutiny Committee (the Joint Committee), will meet on a number of occasions between March 2016 and September 2016 to question the Clinical Commissioning Groups, the hospital trust (CHFT), NHS England, Yorkshire Ambulance Service and other key organisations. This Joint Committee will make recommendations to the CCGs by 12 September 2016. The CCGs will make a decision following their consultation period. All these meetings will be open to the public who will be able to listen to the proceedings.
Here we provide information on the Joint Committee’s programme of work, relevant reports and other activity arranged by the Joint Committee.
The Work Programme
The work programme is subject to change and will be updated as required. The work programme can be viewed here: CCG Project Plan [PDF 78KB] (Updated 1st March 2016)
The Consultation Programme
A public consultation was launched on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 on proposed changes to hospital services and further improvements to community services in Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield.
Information on venues, dates and times of the consultations, can be viewed here: Consultation Update - Consultation Events Announced [PDF 593KB] (Updated March 11th 2016)
You can find out more about this on the Right Care, Right Time, Right Place website . To have your say on the future hospital and community health services in Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield take the survey here today.
For more information on the CCG Consultation, please visit the: Right Care, Right Time, Right Place website .
The Joint Committee took the following decision on 21 July 2017:
You can contact the Joint Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org