Sundry Income are responsible for securing payment of all invoices sent out from the Council. Around 50,000 invoices are issued to our customers every year.
If you are struggling to pay bills on time, advice is available on managing your finances, see: Debt advice .
- Invoice payment is due 28 days from the date shown on the invoice.
- If you are unable to pay your invoice within the required time, contact us to make a suitable payment arrangement.
- The invoice should be paid within 10 weeks / 3 months. If this cannot be done, an income and expenditure form will be sent for you to complete. Note: You will be asked to provide evidence of your outgoings
- If the content of an invoice is incorrect, contact the department that sent it to you. Their details are given on the right-hand side of the invoice, along with a contact phone number.
Note: If you pay by credit card, there is a surcharge. This applies up to and including 14th January 2018. From 15th January onwards, there will not be a surcharge.
Invoices can be paid online, using a debit or credit card. This service is available 24 hours a day, see: online payments .
You can pay Invoices by using the Council’s touchtone phone payment facility and your debit or credit card. Phone: 0161 6279915 (24 hour service), or the Income office on: 01422 393546 (Monday - Thursday 9am to 5.30pm and Friday 9am to 5pm).
By crossed cheque, postal order or money order, made to 'Calderdale MBC' and crossed 'a/c payee only'. Send to:
- Username Revenues and Benefits Services
Revenues and Benefits Services
PO Box 51
Write your invoice number, or customer reference number, on the back of the cheque, postal order or money order.
Take your invoice to any Post Office. Using the barcode on the invoice, the Post Office will accept your payment and send it to the Council. The Post Office will not charge you for this service. Post Office - branch finder .
You can pay at Council Local Offices . Pay by cash, cheque, postal order or money order (make payable to 'Calderdale MBC' and crossed 'a/c payee only').
We will issue a reminder notice, if the invoice is not paid. This includes failing to make payment on your instalments, or a one off payment.
If you receive a reminder
You should contact the Income Section, as soon as possible, to make arrangements to pay the overdue amount. If the invoice remains unpaid and no explanation is received, our Legal Department will be instructed to start Court proceedings.
You can request a copy invoice by contacting Income Services (see below).
Contact Income Services
You can pay a miscellaneous invoice online, see: online payments .
- Username Sundry Income
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 393981/393510
Revenues and Benefits Service
PO Box 51