The Council has received notification of the possible removal of telephone kiosks in your locality. Please read the attached document which lists the kiosks in the Upper Valley being considered for closure.
Attached is the draft decision by The Borough Council of Calderdale in response to a proposal by British Telecommunications plc/Kingston Communications (Hull) for the removal of public call boxes pursuant to Part 2 of the Schedule to a Direction published by Ofcom on March 14th, 2006 (‘the Direction’).
- The Borough Council of Calderdale, in accordance with section 49(4) of the Communications Act 2003 (’the Act’), hereby make the following draft decision in response to a proposal by British Telecommunications plc / Kingston Communications (Hull) plc for the removal of public call boxes pursuant to Part 2 of the Direction.
- The draft decision is set out in the Schedule to this Notification.
- The effect of, and the Borough Council of Calderdale’s reasons for making, the draft decision is set out in the Schedule to this Notification.
- The Borough Council of Calderdale consider that the draft decision complies with the requirements of sections 45 to 50 of the Act, as appropriate and relevant to the proposal.
- In making the draft decision, the Borough Council of Calderdale has considered and acted in accordance with the six community requirements in section 4 of the Act.
- Representations may be made to the Borough Council of Calderdale about the draft decision by 5pm on December 17th, 2016 via
- Username Shameem Suleman
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Schedule to this Notification shall form part of this Notification.