Monitoring air pollution across the Borough is an ongoing process. The pollutant of most concern in Calderdale is nitrogen dioxide, which is mainly associated with road traffic.
Environmental Health publishes a series of reports discussing and assessing these pollutants. Updating and screening assessments consider the situation across Calderdale, highlighting where further investigation may be needed. Detailed Assessments refer to specific investigations, for example:
- areas identified in updating and screening assessments;
- and Progress Reports provide annual reviews of the Council's monitoring results.
- Annual Status Report 2018 [PDF 3935KB]
- Annual Status Report 2017 [PDF 2950KB]
- Annual Status Report 2016 [PDF 2156KB]
- Updating and Screening Assessment 2015 [PDF 382KB]
- Air Quality Progress Report 2013 [PDF 2756KB]
- Air Quality Progress Report 2012 [PDF 2756KB]
- Detailed Assessment Hipperholme 2012 [PDF 2756KB]
- Updating and Screening Assessment 2012 [PDF 2756KB]
- Air Quality Progress Report 2011 [PDF 2756KB]
Previous reports can be inspected at the Council's Offices during office hours by prior arrangement. Please contact Environmental Health if you would like to view the previous reports.