Applications and guidance
Please read the relevant guidance notes below before completing the licence application form. For current fees, see: Licence fees .
- Driver medical examination form [PDF 1480KB]
- Hackney Carriage / Private Hire licence application form [PDF 207KB]
- Hackney Carriage licence renewal application form [PDF 76KB]
- Private Hire Operator licence application [PDF 287KB]
- Private Hire vehicle licence application form [PDF 251KB]
- Transfer of vehicle licence application form [PDF 525KB]
- Application to allow display of adverts [PDF 30KB]
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy [PDF 768KB]
- Guidance notes for renewal of driver licence [PDF 241KB]
- Intended use policy for the licensing of Hackney Carriage vehicles [PDF 183KB]
DVSA and taxi driving assessments
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will stop providing taxi driving assessments for local Councils from 31st December 2016.
The Licensing Authority has received approval from the Licensing Committee to use Kirklees Council in house driving test facilities. This should be available in January 2017. The Licensing Authority will provide an update and information about how to book a test. This will happen when Kirklees Council confirms they are ready and Calderdale Council has a procedure in place with Kirklees.
For now, new applicants are advised to continue to contact the DVSA, in case any cancellations are available.
Disclosure and Barring Service update service
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks are required for all new licence applicants and every 3 years following issue of a driver’s licence. You can be in greater control of the DBS check when renewing a certificate by joining the: Update service . The Update Service will cost you £13 per year to maintain.
Benefits of the Update Service
- No more DBS application forms to complete;
- No waiting for the checks to come back, saving you time and money.
You will only need another DBS check if there are changes to the information on your record. This may be for receiving a caution or conviction. You then need to make another application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to subscribe to the Update Service
When your next DBS check is due, take the opportunity to: subscribe to the Update service .
To subscribe you will need:
- your DBS application form reference number;
- or the reference number on the resulting DBS Certificate (within 14 days of its issue);
and a credit or debit card.
f you join with your DBS application form reference number your subscription will start from the date of issue printed on your DBS Certificate. If for some reason your application form is withdrawn your subscription fee will be refunded and your subscription cancelled.
Note: We need to see your DBS Certificate, when it has been issued. This needs to be brought in to Battinson Road Depot.
- Username Calderdale MBC Transport Division