Taxi Licensing Office Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 9am - 12.30pm (closed for lunch) 1.30pm - 4.30pm.
Please note: We cannot accept new applications in the last half hour before closing time.
You can apply for your Hackney Carriage, Private Hire or dual licence online.
Before you apply, please read: Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy [PDF 768KB] .
- Transfer of vehicle licence application form [PDF 525KB]
- Application to allow display of adverts [PDF 30KB]
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy [PDF 768KB]
- Guidance notes for renewal of driver licence [PDF 241KB]
- Intended use policy for the licensing of Hackney Carriage vehicles [PDF 183KB]
- Driver medical examination form [PDF 556KB]
Disclosure and Barring Service update service
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks are needed for all new licence applicants. Also, every 3 years after the issue of a driver’s licence.
You can have more control of the DBS check when renewing, by joining the: Update service . This will cost you £13 per year to maintain.
Benefits of the Update Service
- No more DBS application forms to complete;
- and no waiting for the checks to come back, saving you time and money.
You will only need another DBS check if there are changes to the details on your record. This may be for receiving a caution or conviction. You will then need to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service again.
How to subscribe to the Update Service
When your next DBS check is due, take the chance to: subscribe to the Update service .
To do this, you will need:
- your DBS application form reference number;
- or the reference number from the DBS Certificate you get (within 14 days of its issue);
- and a credit or debit card.
If you join with your DBS application form reference number, it starts on the 'issue date' on your DBS Certificate. If your application form is withdrawn, your fee will be refunded to you and your subscription cancelled.
Note: We must see your DBS Certificate, when it is issued to you. You must bring it to the Battinson Road Depot:
- Username Calderdale MBC Transport Division