Licensing enquiries

Civil marriage and partnership venue licence

  • Username Ceremony Coordinator
  • Email
  • Telephone 01422 288080
  • Address
    Ceremony Coordinator
    The Register Office
    Spring Hall
    Huddersfield Road
    HX3 0AQ

Private Hire and Hackney Carriage

  • Username Private Hire and Hackney Carriage licensing enquiries
  • Email
  • Telephone 01422 393001/393002
  • Address
    Calderdale MBC Transport Services
    Battinson Road
    HX1 4PL

Environmental permits

  • Username Environmental permit enquiries
  • Email
  • Telephone 01422 393001/393002
  • Address
    Environmental Health Services
    Town Hall
    Crossley Street
    HX1 1TP

Licensing Enforcement Enquiries

Email Address:

All other licensing enquiries

  • Username Licensing
  • Email
  • Telephone 01422 393001/393002
  • Address
    Customer First
    19 Horton Street
    HX1 1QE


In the event of a complaint about a licensed business you should first contact the trader, preferably in writing and with proof of delivery.

If the problem persists, contact the Council via the: Licensed activity complaints form .

Alternatively, contact: West Yorkshire Trading Standards , or from outside the UK the: European Consumer Centres Network .

If you have a complaint about an installation that holds an environmental permit, use the above contact details, or phone Customer First on: 01422 288001.


Failed application redress

An applicant who is refused a licence, or licence holder who wishes to appeal against a condition attached to their licence, should contact the Licensing Unit.

The Licensing Unit's standards and procedures are outlined in: PDFLicensing Concordat of Good Enforcement [PDF 56KB] .

If, after contacting the service, you are still not satisfied, see: Compliments and complaints .

Public registers

  • Approved buildings for the purposes of holding Civil Marriage or Civil Partnership ceremonies, within the Calderdale Registration District: Approved venues for ceremonies.
  • Licences and applications in relation to the Licensing Act 2003, motor salvage, caravan sites, gambling and gaming, private hire and hackney carriages: Public registers.
  • Animal movements, performing animal, riding establishment, animal boarding,zoo licence holders: the Council does not hold a public register of these licences.
  • The Council does not hold a register of scaffolding license holders or skip operators.
  • A list of installations holding an environmental permit is available online: Register of environmental permits . Other permits can be viewed free of charge during normal office hours.

More details on any particular licence, certificate or application are available by contacting the Licensing Unit.

Rights of appeal - Environmental permits

Applicants can appeal against the refusal of an environmental permit, or against any or all of the conditions the Council has included in the permit if it is granted. Details of the appeals procedure will be provided to applicants during the application process. In many cases concerns about particular conditions can be resolved by discussion with the Council.

Always open first panel: 

See also