The 'Guide to tenants', answers the most frequently asked questions that tenants have. It covers a tenants role and responsibilities and those of Calderdale Council as the landlord. For more information, see: Guide to tenants: occupation of Calderdale Council commercial premises [PDF 351KB]
The guide includes:
- repairing responsibilities;
- lease assignment / sub-letting;
- payment of rent;
- use of premises;
- alterations and improvements;
- lease expiry;
- health and safety requirements;
- additional tenant responsibilities;
- when to get professional advice; and
- specific premises information for the Borough market, Halifax.
The guide refers to a number of common features that you may find in our business agreements. However, it is a general guide and does not override the terms of your own particular lease with the Council.
It should not, in any way, be considered a substitute for independent professional advice. We strongly recommend you obtain appropriate independent legal advice.
If the guide does not answer your particular query, contact:
- Username Corporate Asset and Facilities Management Team
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01422 392004
You may also be interested in: