It is completely free to join the Environmental Business Award. Members of the scheme can benefit from:
Saving money and increase your profitability
Good environmental management goes hand in hand with good business performance. Implementing environmental improvements such as minimizing your energy, fuel, water and resource use can result in substantial economic savings.
Free advice and support
Calderdale Energy Future works with Business Growth Calderdale, to provide a comprehensive package of free advice and support. This will help to improve your business performance and reduce your carbon footprint. You will receive support in:
- Setting an Environmental Policy;
- Reducing your energy
- Employee involvement;
- Understanding and meeting your environmental legal requirements;
- Developing an Environmental Management System (see: Sustainable development ).
Improve your business image and create new opportunities;
- Become more environmentally aware and help to limit the impacts of climate change;
- Demonstrating environmental responsibility to your customers can open doors to new contracts and attract new customers.
- Motivated your staff and improve recruitment
Calderdale Carbon Club
Members automatically qualify for free membership of Calderdale Carbon Club. This is a new peer-to-peer network of Calderdale businesses focused on energy and resource efficiency. It provides a forum for sharing issues, solutions, advice and contacts.