The council advertises contracts with a value over £10,000 on YORtender. Yortender is the Council's procurement portal.
Yortender enables you to view and register your interest in any of the opportunities. This covers Calderdale and other local authorities across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
You can register on the portal, which is free. Once registered, you can view current contract opportunities advertised across the region. You can also access user guides and helpdesk support on using the Yortender system.
Calderdale Contracts Register
Details of current Council contracts are on the Council contracts register, on Yortender.
Policies, rules and regulations
The council adheres to strict guidelines when allocating contracts. Businesses are asked to become familiar with these before submitting tenders:
- Contract procedure rules [PDF 231KB] (part of the Council's Constitution)
- Procurement Strategy [PDF 121KB]
- Calderdale Social Value Charter [PDF 425KB]
We are developing more information and guidance to help you when doing business with the Council, including:
- a Doing Business With Calderdale guide;
- a corporate email address to help you contact the Council for further information; and
- details of bidders days for larger contracts, Meet the Buyer events and information that will help you learn more about how procurement works in Calderdale and improve business contacts and information.