Skip to main navigation
Skip to main content

Social Care and Wellbeing Hub

Find a service Add a service A-Z

Minor Adaptations (Calderdale Council)

18-20 The Square, Woolshops

view location on a map

Tel: 01422 288001



Minor Works Grants are available for people who have a disability or health condition that makes day to day life difficult to manage. The grant can pay for small adaptations to your home that will make it easier for you to live independently and safely. Works must cost less than £1000.

The grant can pay for grab rails and hand rails inside and outside the home, lever handles for taps, exterior lighting, moving electric switches or sockets, replacing cupboard handles and keysafes.

In many cases these adaptations can be carried out quickly and free of charge, without the need for an assessment or means test.

If your needs are more complex, you can contact Gateway to Care and arrange a home visit from the Community Occupational Therapy Assessment Service. The occupational therapist can recommend adaptations to suit your needs and the Handyperson Service will carry out the work.

Relevant for

  • Carers
  • Learning disabilities
  • Older people
  • Physical disabilities

Opening hours

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm

Cost band


Service location

Contact us

Gateway to Care

Tel: 01422 393000
Textphone: 01422 393398
Text messages only: 07776454642

Website help


Gateway to Care Halifax Customer First 19 Horton Street Halifax HX1 1QE


Find a service