Skip to main navigation
Skip to main content

Social Care and Wellbeing Hub

Find a service Add a service A-Z

Community Occupational Therapy Assessment Service (Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust)

Community Support Centre

view location on a map

Tel: 01422 393000

Web: See external link policy


If you are an adult with a physical disability, a Community Occupational Therapist can assess your situation at home and help you to overcome any difficulties you may be having with day-to-day life. These might include getting in and out of the house, getting up and down stairs, using the bathroom or getting in and out of the bath.

We have specialist knowledge of equipment and alternative ways of doing daily tasks and ways to adapt your home. If we recommend specialised equipment, we can arrange for you to try this out at home. This is provided on loan, free of charge, from the local Community Equipment Service. If we recommend that your home needs adapting in some way, we will make a referral on your behalf to the Accessible Homes Agency (part of Calderdale Council).

You can contact Gateway to Care to ask to have your care needs assessed and to be referred to the Community Occupational Therapy Assessment Service. Assessments are carried out in your own home.

All the Community Occupational Therapists are registered and regulated by the Health Professions Council. The service is managed by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.

Relevant for

  • Carers
  • Older people
  • Physical disabilities

Cost band


Service location

Contact us

Gateway to Care

Tel: 01422 393000
Textphone: 01422 393398
Text messages only: 07776454642

Website help


Gateway to Care Halifax Customer First 19 Horton Street Halifax HX1 1QE


Find a service