Skip to main navigation
Skip to main content

Social Care and Wellbeing Hub

Find a service Add a service A-Z

Household waste - assisted collections (Calderdale Council)

Tel: 01422 288002



You can apply for help under this scheme if you cannot move your wheelie bin and there is no-one else in your household who can place it out for collection. A refuse collector will move your wheelie bin to and from an agreed location to the collection vehicle.

There is guidance on the website to help you decide if you might be eligible. There is also an application form which can be completed online or downloaded and printed.

Relevant for

  • Carers
  • Older people
  • Physical disabilities

Cost band


Contact us

Gateway to Care

Tel: 01422 393000
Textphone: 01422 393398
Text messages only: 07776454642

Website help


Gateway to Care Halifax Customer First 19 Horton Street Halifax HX1 1QE


Find a service