Visual impairment

Anyone who has a significant sight loss which is affecting their emotional and daily life can ask for support and an assessment from our qualified Rehabilitation Officers. To find out more contact Gateway to Care.

Carers who provide significant and regular support can also request a separate Carer's assessment.

We have a register of people who have a Certificate of Visual Impairment from a Consultant Ophthalmologist. Ask your GP or eye clinic consultant about this. You do not have to be registered to receive our services.

Adults Health and Social Care also employs a Dual Sensory Specialist Worker, for residents who have both sight and hearing loss.

Advice and guidance is also available from the Specialist Inclusion Service for children and young people.

Last Updated: 20/09/2016