Support services offer you opportunities to be a part of your local community, to take part in small group activities, and to meet with friends. Using support services also gives your carers a break. The Community Learning Disabilities Team will assess the amount of support service you can have through the Community Care Assessment.
- Day Services - can support you with social, leisure and work opportunities.
- Outreach - support can be provided to help you take part in activities available to everyone in Calderdale.
- Home Care - is a service giving you personal care in your own home.
- Accommodation and Support - is available to you in many different ways, including Supported Living and Supported Tenancies, Residential Care, Nursing Care and Long Term Placements.
- Short Breaks - there is a dedicated Respite Service that can provide you with short breaks.
- Staying with a family - you could stay overnight or have daytime support with a family who are registered to offer care.
- Emergency Accommodation - the Respite Service can provide you with somewhere to live if you are in an emergency situation.
- Employment - there are a number of sheltered work opportunities and training schemes in Calderdale.
- Specialist services outside Calderdale - if you need to use a special service that is not available in Calderdale, it may be possible to arrange this.
For more information about any of the above services ask a worker from your community team or contact Gateway to Care.
Inspection of services
The Care Quality Commission inspects all registered services.
- Care Quality Commission|
- 03000 616161.