Care for Carers
Carers do a very important job and Calderdale Council is keen to make sure that your needs are looked after. The Care Act 2014 provides additional guidance about supporting carers.
Useful additional information is available: Carers Information on Calderdale Council Website
Calderdale Carers is an organisation that understands the needs of carers and offers support by arranging short breaks, training courses and arranging a dedicated support worker.
Services and grants are available to carers to help with training or any equipment that may be needed to help with the care role.
Calderdale Carers is open from Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 12.30pm. You can contact them at:
Unique Ways has been working with families with disabled children and young people since 2001. We listen to parents and take their views forward to influence the design and delivery of local services.
We work together with families to create change so all our children and young people can learn, make friends, have a voice and be part of ordinary school and community life. We work with families who have children with a very wide range of impairments.
- run training courses for parents and professionals
- have family events and activities
- have a termly newsletter, regular mailshots and email updates
- offer emotional support to parents
- have information sessions and coffee mornings for parents
- raise awareness of the needs of families with disabled children with professionals in Calderdale
- have focus groups on specific issues
- have parent representatives on many partnership boards
- set up parent groups across Calderdale.