Independent businesses

If you need special help with personal, domestic or other care needs in your own home then you can ask Adults, Health and Social Care to assess your needs to see what services we can arrange for you. You may have to pay a contribution towards the cost of services.

However, you may wish to purchase services other than those you may be eligible for from the Council. If so, you may wish to enter into a contract with the organisation or person you have asked to provide the care services.

By setting out and agreeing the terms and conditions, rights, expectations and responsibilities in advance, both user and provider will benefit from knowing what to expect from each other.

The written contract between you and the provider should preferably include at least the following points:

A choice of care services can be found on Connect to Support Calderdale.

Last Updated: 20/09/2016