What is Staying Well?
The Staying Well service supports people to engage in social activities and health services in the community. There are loads of community groups and all kinds of things to do across Calderdale from Art to Zumba!
The Staying Well team work with adults in Calderdale who are 18 years and over. They help adults to access social activities and health & wellbeing related services in the community. As people with active social lives, tend to be happier and healthier.
Why are we doing this?
The project aims to:
- reduce loneliness and social isolation;
- reduce health inequalities;
- improve health and wellbeing;
- reduce demand on GP practices and hospitals; and
- improve how we all work together.
How are we doing it?
- By making tailored connections between lonely or isolated older people in the community with local groups, activities and services.
- By creating more connected communities, networks and opportunities.
How do I find out more or get support?
You can find out more information about your area, or make a referral by contacting Gateway to Care: