Healthwatch is an independent consumer champion for the public and aims to provide better outcomes in health and social care services. Nationally, there is an organisation called Healthwatch England, which looks at services across England. In each area, there is a Local Healthwatch. This supports health and social care services by working with, and listening to, local people and their views and experiences of using services.
Healthwatch Calderdale represents the local community by:
- telling services about your experiences of care and holding them to account
- investigating problems and seeking solutions
- having a say in how local services are delivered and designed (through a seat on the Health and Wellbeing Board, for example)
From April 2016 onward the Healthwatch Calderdale service will be delivered by the organisation Healthwatch Kirklees.
Healthwatch Calderdale are able to support with:
- Influencing - helping people get involved in the planning of local health and social care services
- Signposting - giving people the right information at the right time to support them to make a choice about services they may need
- Advocacy - supporting people who want to complain about health and social care services
If you would like to find out more about Healthwatch Calderdale please visit Healthwatch Calderdale|. Here you can search and post reviews of your local health and social care providers and find news about the development of the Healthwatch Calderdale service.
You can find out more about the Healthwatch Calderdale service in our briefing below:
If you have a more specific query, please use the contact details below:
- 01422 399433
- The Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre,
- Hopwood Lane,
- Halifax HX1 5ER.
The local Healthwatch service was previously provided by Voluntary Action Calderdale. You can find out more about their Healthwatch work in their annual reports for 2013 - 2014 and 2014 - 2015 below: