Application For A Disability Reduction
- This application form must be filled in by the person named on the Council Tax Bill.
- The disabled person must have his or her main residence at the address given in the application.
- Reductions will only apply where the Council is satisfied that the adaptations claimed for are provided and required for meeting the needs of the disabled person.
- Someone from the Council will arrange to visit the property to confirm the details of the claim. To help us make these arrangements please give your telephone number in the space provided.
Council Tax (Reduction for Disabilities) Regulations 1992
- The disabled person can be a person of any age who resides at the property and is substantially and permanently disabled (whether by illness, injury, congenital deformity or otherwise).
- The space or room must be essential or of major importance to the well-being of the disabled person, because of the nature and extent of his or her disability.
- Where a reduction is granted, the Council Tax liability will be calculated as if the property was in the band below that attributed to the Valuation List. For example a property show in band 'C' would be charged as if it was in band 'B' for the duration of the disabled person's residence at the address.
- Properties in band 'A' will be entitled to a reduction of 1/9th of the amount set for a band 'D' property (from 1st April 2000).
If you have any problems with this form, please contact:
Council Tax Discount Section
P.O. Box 72
Halifax HX1 1UD
Telephone (01422) 393631
Fax (01422) 393533
All fields marked with an asterisk* are required and must be completed.
An acknowledgement will be sent to you if you provide us with an email address
Calderdale MBC will ensure that any personal information provided by you on this form will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Calderdale MBC is the Data Controller of the information you have provided on this form and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office for the purposes of processing your personal information in relation to your application.
The Council must protect the public fund it handles and so may use the information you have provided on this form to prevent and detect fraud. The Council may also share this information, for the same purposes, with other organisations which handle public funds. The Council will not share your information for any other purpose without your explicit consent.
For further information about Data Protection please contact email@example.com.