Application For Discount For A Person In Detention
Council Tax is made up of a part element of 50% and a personal part of 50%.
The personal part assumes that there are two persons over the age of 18 (adults) living in the property.
If there are more than two adults resident the bill is not increased, however, if there are less than two residents the bill may be reduced.
- For discount purposes certain groups of people are ignored (disregarded) when counting the number of adults in the household. This means that in certain circumstances a household with two or more resident adults may still qualify for a discount.
- If there are two or more residents in the property aged 18 or over who are not entitled to a discount then no discount can be allowed.
A person can only qualify for a discount if
- They have been held in detention for more than 48 hours.
- They are not under open arrest.
- They are not in detention for non payment of a fine or their Council Tax.
If you have any problems with this form, please contact:
PO Box 51
Halifax HX1 1TP
Telephone (01422) 393631
Fax (01422) 393533
All fields marked with an asterisk * are required and must be completed.
An acknowledgement will be sent to you if you provide us with an email address.
Calderdale MBC will ensure that any personal information provided by you on this form will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Calderdale MBC is the Data Controller of the information you have provided on this form and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office for the purposes of processing your personal information in relation to your application.
The Council must protect the public fund it handles and so may use the information you have provided on this form to prevent and detect fraud. The Council may also share this information, for the same purposes, with other organisations which handle public funds. The Council will not share your information for any other purpose without your explicit consent.
For further information about Data Protection please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.