Where can I find my nearest doctors surgery?
Use 'Search for the Nearest Doctors Surgery' then follow the steps to find your nearest doctors surgery / health centre.
You will need your postcode to perform this search.
Your local Doctors' surgery (or GP practice) provides a wide range of family health services, including:
- advice on health problems
- examinations and treatment
- prescriptions for medicines
- referrals to other health services and social services
- If your condition is non-urgent, you can expect to see a doctor within two working days or a health professional such as a nurse within one working day.
If you don't need an appointment within two working days, you can also book in advance if this is more convenient for you.
It is important to attend for appointments, or notify the surgery if you have to cancel or change it.