Housing advice

Help finding a home

Calderdale Council no longer owns any houses, it does however have nomination rights to the properties owned by Pennine Housing 2000 and other housing associations operating in Calderdale.

The Council ensures that Pennine Housing 2000 and housing associations allocate their homes fairly, and regularly monitors the lettings made.

Housing application forms and information about Pennine Housing 2000 and housing association properties are available from the Housing Options Service, KeyChoice Property Shop and any Pennine Housing 2000|External link District Office.

Housing options in Calderdale


Most properties available for rent are now let through KeyChoice. See Choice based letting scheme.

Lets Help You

This website brings together tenants and landlords across West Yorkshire, visit Lets Help You|External link.

Private rented housing

For advice and information for private landlords and tenants, see Private housing .

Private buying

Search for homes to buy, visit rightmove|External link.

Registered Social Landlords

For contact details of the Registered Social Landlords in Calderdale, see Housing associations .

Supporting People

This support service helps vulnerable people, such as those at risk of becoming homeless or of suffering domestic abuse, to live independently. For more information see Supporting People .


{{error}} loading

Sign up successful!

All that's left is for you to choose what news and updates are important to you.

{{gd_topics.length}} Available topics:
Save preferences ({{preferences}}) loading

Preferences updated

You've subscribed to {{preferences}} topics. Keep an eye on your inbox for tailored news and updates in Calderdale.

Got it!

Last Updated: 06/12/2012