Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs)
Trade and business waste
Do you know where your business or commercial waste ends up?
If you have any type of business, you need documentation to show:
- how much waste you create;
- where your waste ends up; and
- how often your waste is collected?
All businesses must have an individual business or commercial waste contract or documentation to show how their waste and recycling is managed. There are many providers around Calderdale who can pick up your waste. They can be found online or in the yellow pages.
For more information, visit: https://www.gov.uk/managing-your-waste-an-overview
It is illegal for businesses to dispose of their waste free at household waste recycling centres.
In Calderdale, Businesses can only dispose of trade waste at:
- Halifax Transfer Station,
- Minimum charge of £65.00
- No construction waste, brick, rubble
- You must hold a current Waste Carrier License
- You must supply 2 copies of a Waste Transfer Note stating what the waste consists of, where the waste is from, where the waste is going
The opening times are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. Saturday 8am to 12 noon. Outside these times waste disposal may be accommodated by prior arrangement.
Both general non-recyclable and green waste are accepted. Fees are reviewed annually. No special waste is accepted.
For more information, visit the commercial waste page SUEZ Business Services|