Barns and farm buildings

Statutory requirements

Before any agricultural building can be changed to new use ,  and (if the building is listed)  are nearly always needed.

Additionally,  may be required in some cases where full or partial demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area is involved.

Consideration should also be given to various council planning policies such as green belt, rural areas and design before any application is made.

The submission of clear and accurate information will help Planning and Regeneration Services to process applications for planning permission, listed building consent and Conservation Area consent quickly and efficiently.

Last Updated: 11/11/2016