Contact the governor support team
Governors, headteachers and clerks to governing bodies can contact the governor helpline during office hours, or e-mail at any time, to seek advice and guidance on matters of school governance.
- Governor Support Team
- 01422 394059
- PO Box 51
Halifax HX1 1TP
Advice is provided on issues such as:
- legal advice on governing body proceedings in accordance with current legislation
- governing body constitution and membership
- terms of office for governors
- appointment of local authority representative governors
- procedures and guidance on the election of governors
- technical advice on governing body meetings including quorums, committee functions and so on
- provision of advice and guidance as a result of legislative changes
- provision of information and assistance about governor training.
DFE: School Governance|
Official UK Government site offering up-to-date information on all aspects of school governance.
National Governors' Association|
The National Governors' Association is a registered charity, established for general public benefit but in particular to improve the educational welfare of children by promoting high standards in schools, and raising the effectiveness of governing bodies.