From Weaver to Web: Online visual archive of Calderdale History
Welcome to the online visual archive of Calderdale history, giving access to over 23,000 images, accompanied by supporting historical information.
The Calderdale area includes the towns of Halifax, Brighouse, Elland, Hebden Bridge, Sowerby Bridge and Todmorden.
From Weaver to Web provides access to a wide range of material which may be particularly useful to local and family historians interested in this area.
You will find photographs and postcards, maps, trade directories and handbills, among many other types of historical sources.
Transcripts taken from Yorkshire Archaeological Society publication "The Court Rolls of the Manor of Wakefield from October 1651 to September 1652, Vol VIII". Published in 1990.
- Campbell Gas Engine Company Roll of Honour
- Digging for Victory
- Unveiling of the 1914-18 War Memorial, Greetland Liberal Club
- Sowerby Lock -Up
- Community Catering in Calderdale
- What To Do About Gas
- Elland Urban District Charity Ball
- The Royal Halifax Infirmary
- Piece Hall Big Sing
- Opening of Halifax Town Hall