From Weaver to Web: Online visual archive of Calderdale History
Welcome to the online visual archive of Calderdale history, giving access to over 23,000 images, accompanied by supporting historical information.
The Calderdale area includes the towns of Halifax, Brighouse, Elland, Hebden Bridge, Sowerby Bridge and Todmorden.
From Weaver to Web provides access to a wide range of material which may be particularly useful to local and family historians interested in this area.
You will find photographs and postcards, maps, trade directories and handbills, among many other types of historical sources.
Colour postcard of Rochdale Road, Ripponden, West Yorkshire, showing the road uphill, with an auctioneers [? & Son] front left and a hotel (Queens [?] Hotel) to the right of the road. There are also two groups of people, including children, standing in the road posing for the photograph.
[Date unknown. Poss. early 20th century?]
- Rules of Todmorden Subscription Library, 1798
- T.F. Firth & Sons war memorial
- Letter from Richard Hodgson
- Admission ticket for the opening of the Halifax New Infirmary
- Hebden Bridge Civic Hall
- Campbell Gas Engine Company Roll of Honour
- Digging for Victory
- Unveiling of the 1914-18 War Memorial, Greetland Liberal Club
- Sowerby Lock -Up
- Community Catering in Calderdale