From Weaver to Web: Online visual archive of Calderdale History
Welcome to the online visual archive of Calderdale history, giving access to over 23,000 images, accompanied by supporting historical information.
The Calderdale area includes the towns of Halifax, Brighouse, Elland, Hebden Bridge, Sowerby Bridge and Todmorden.
From Weaver to Web provides access to a wide range of material which may be particularly useful to local and family historians interested in this area.
You will find photographs and postcards, maps, trade directories and handbills, among many other types of historical sources.
The 'new' St Paul's Church on Queens Road is still standing. It was built 1911-12 when the old parish church of St Paul's, King Cross, was found to be too small. The altar rail gates are by H P Jackson and his son, and were carved in the 1920s. The tower was erected in the 1930s and consecrated in May 1937.
- Rules of Todmorden Subscription Library, 1798
- T.F. Firth & Sons war memorial
- Letter from Richard Hodgson
- Admission ticket for the opening of the Halifax New Infirmary
- Hebden Bridge Civic Hall
- Campbell Gas Engine Company Roll of Honour
- Digging for Victory
- Unveiling of the 1914-18 War Memorial, Greetland Liberal Club
- Sowerby Lock -Up
- Community Catering in Calderdale