From Weaver to Web: Online visual archive of Calderdale History
Welcome to the online visual archive of Calderdale history, giving access to over 23,000 images, accompanied by supporting historical information.
The Calderdale area includes the towns of Halifax, Brighouse, Elland, Hebden Bridge, Sowerby Bridge and Todmorden.
From Weaver to Web provides access to a wide range of material which may be particularly useful to local and family historians interested in this area.
You will find photographs and postcards, maps, trade directories and handbills, among many other types of historical sources.
This document lists all the voters in the 1807 county election and identifies the candidates for whom each person voted, namely William Wilberforce (W), Henry Lascelles (L) and Lord Milton (M). The poll book is arranged by wapentake (a major division of a county), and then by specific locality. Before 1832, polling information for Halifax is only available in county poll books such as this.
For title page see document 100898.
- Rules of Todmorden Subscription Library, 1798
- T.F. Firth & Sons war memorial
- Letter from Richard Hodgson
- Admission ticket for the opening of the Halifax New Infirmary
- Hebden Bridge Civic Hall
- Campbell Gas Engine Company Roll of Honour
- Digging for Victory
- Unveiling of the 1914-18 War Memorial, Greetland Liberal Club
- Sowerby Lock -Up
- Community Catering in Calderdale