Market Position Statement 2015-2016
1.3 Our vision
Keeping the focus on the things that matter most to people
It is important that people who receive services from us are safe and lead the sort of life they always have done using their own support networks and social care services if required. Jointly, we need to provide the right amount of assistance for each person in a way that helps to keep them as independent as possible.
Our Vision has two principles:
- Adults at risk of abuse will be safeguarded
- Support for individuals and communities will focus on building their resilience and independence.
These two local priorities, safeguarding and personalisation, should underpin all that we do for people who need social care. These priorities set the basis of this Market Position Statement.
Calderdale needs to be a place where:
- People with care and support needs can focus on what they can do for themselves either independently or with support from family and community.
- People are provided with good quality information, advice and support which is available to all, including those who fund their own care.
- Assessment will focus on building on people’s strengths through a variety of options including work, being part of a local community, family, friends and social contacts.
- Individuals and families are supported to take positive risks through the council encouraging a ‘Can Do’ approach.
- People are helped by social care to obtain other forms of funding whenever it is appropriate.
- People are treated with dignity and respect.
- We work actively in partnerships to deliver better outcomes for people.