Market Position Statement 2015-2016
4.3 Integration with Health
Adults, Health and Social Care is working closely with a number of Health partners so that the care that people receive is integrated across all the organisations providing services, including:
- Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust
- South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust
The aim is to:
- prevent ill health so that people are able to manage their own health & wellbeing
- enable people to maintain their independence
- avoid unnecessary hospital admissions by providing integrated health and social care solutions, delivered in community and primary care settings close to where people live
Having agreed the scope of this strategy, all the organisations are now working together and with other partners to introduce new ways of providing services, starting in the Upper Calder Valley.
This pilot work is now part of a national New Care Models programme which will provide additional support nationally to help Calderdale to implement our integration plans at pace.