Safeguarding adults

What to do if you are being abused

If you are being abused, or you suspect that someone you know may be the victim of abuse, then contact Gateway to Care as soon as possible. Calderdale Council and its partner agencies take the protection of vulnerable adults very seriously, and will investigate your concerns. Gateway to Care will ensure that any information is passed onto the appropriate team within Adults, Health and Social Care.

Other useful links

Voice UK|External link
This is a national charity supporting people with learning disabilities and other vulnerable people who have experienced crime or abuse. The charity also supports their families, carers and professional workers.

Action on Elder Abuse|External link
Action on Elder Abuse (AEA) works to protect and prevent the abuse of vulnerable older adults.

Cookie control

To give you the very best experience, this website sets cookies on your computer. If you continue without changing the settings on your browser, you consent to this.

Alternatively, you can find out how to change your cookie settings by visiting our Privacy policy

Always allow cookies Ignore
Copyright © Calderdale Council
Town Hall, Crossley Street, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 1UJ
Privacy Policy : W3C Valid CSS : W3C Valid XHTML 1.0 :
Web Site Performance : Disclaimer and copyright

Last Updated: 01/05/2013