Buying your own support services
Adults, Health and Social Care (AHSC) provides support services when your care plan shows you need them. Instead of providing the services, AHSC may be able to give you the money for you to buy what you want, to meet your needs.
- Social Care and Wellbeing Hub:
You can find many of the groups and organisations that provide support in Calderdale on the Hub. You can search for services that are right for your specific needs, close to your home and within your budget;
- Connect to Support Calderdale|:
If you would like to purchase products and services, take a look at Connect to Support which includes an e-marketplace so that you can buy directly via the website.
For a list of people who provide support, contact your Community Learning Disabilities Team.
Instead of having services arranged for you, a Direct Payment provides you with the money so that you can buy the care you need for yourself.
Some people with learning disabilities already have Direct Payments. You can choose to have them. How much your Direct Payment money would be depends on the services your care plan says you need.
What you can buy with Direct Payments:
- help from a place or a person or a team of people
- help with personal things like having a bath or washing or getting dressed
- help to live in your own home, like help with money or cooking or cleaning the house
- help to get out and about, like driving you to see friends, or help to join in doing things with other people
- to provide short breaks.
You can decide how your needs will be met, the times that suit you, and who will provide your help.
Help available to use Direct Payments
Our Direct Payments staff are here to help you. They can let you know about:
- how much money you can spend on buying help
- how you can find people to help you
- how long it might take - 6 weeks or more
- how to manage Direct Payments.
Changing your mind about using Direct Payments
If you start to have Direct Payments and then change your mind, that is okay. Just tell us you want to have your services arranged for you again.
Independent Living Funds
Independent Living Funds| is a nationally administered fund available to provide money for social and leisure support.
To find out if you may be eligible and to get help in making an application, contact the Community Learning Disabilities Team .