What is Staying Well?
Staying Well is a one year pilot project in four areas of Calderdale: North Halifax, Elland, West Central Halifax and Hebden Bridge.
Why are we doing this?
With £1 million funding from the Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group the aims of the project are to:
- reduce loneliness and social isolation
- reduce health inequalities
- improve health and wellbeing
- reduce demand on GP practices and hospitals
- improve how we all work together
How are we doing it?
- By making tailored connections between lonely or isolated older people in the community with local groups, activities and services.
- By creating more connected communities, networks and opportunities.
How do I find out more or get support?
You can find out more information about your area or make a referral by contacting Gateway to Care:
- 01422 393000
Or by contacting your local community hub.
Community organisations supported by Staying Well workers and Neighbourhood Teams are delivering the project in localities as follows:
In North Halifax
North Halifax Health Alliance – Contact North Halifax Partnership Tel: 01422 255402
North Halifax Partnership working with Elland and District Partnership and the Elland Staying Well Steering Group. Tel: 01422 392708
In West Central Halifax
Halifax Opportunities Trust - Tel: 01422 347392
In Hebden Bridge
Hebden Bridge Community Association - Tel: 01422 417300