Open data is about increased transparency and sharing the information we hold with the wider community.
Calderdale Data Works|
Our Open Data Platform, Calderdale Data Works, provides open data which is freely available and can be used by anyone to use and republish, without restrictions.
Get involved: use our data, share your ideas, read our stories, submit your own data and help us build a bigger, richer picture of Calderdale. Get in touch by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where possible we will make our data available in an open, machine readable format that can be easily re-used and is available free to download and re-use under the Terms and Conditions of the Open Government Licence|.
We have data available in the categories below;
- Spending and Procurement| includes data on Council contracts, budget, procurement card transactions, payments to suppliers and grants to voluntary and community organisations.
- Land and Property| includes data on business rates, land and building assets, planning applications and parking.
- Education| includes a list of schools in Calderdale with numbers of pupils in primary and secondary schools, school admissions data and children's centres.
- Organisation and Salaries| includes salaries of senior staff within the Council, staff numbers and pay scales, election results, customer contacts and Councillor allowances and expenses.
- Consultation feed |
- Events feed |
- News feed |
- Show feed |
- Ward Forums and Scrutiny Panel meetings feed |.
Transparency and Freedom of Information
The Local Government Transparency Code places requirements on local authorities to publish information in order to increase democratic accountability and make it easier for local people to contribute to the local decision-making process and help shape public services. Information and datasets published as part of the transparency code are available on our Open Data Platform and also within the Freedom of Information Publication Scheme:
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
Other useful data sources
Open Data from Calderdale Council and other Local Authorities and Government organisations is also routinely published on Data.Gov.UK|
The West Yorkshire Observatory| is Calderdale Council's data hub, containing a wealth of socio-economic and demographic data. It is also used by Bradford, Kirklees, Leeds and Wakefield Councils.