Halifax Visitor Centre and Art Gallery
- Halifax Visitor Centre and Art Gallery
The Piece Hall (first floor)
Halifax HX1 1RE
- 01422 368725
- Follow us at @HxVisitorCentre|
- Opening hours
- Monday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm.
Situated within Halifax’s unique Piece Hall, the Tourist Information Centre offers a friendly and efficient services including:
- Information about U.K. holidays and short breaks, days out and places to visit
- Accommodation Booking service, including a phone service for credit card holders
- Information about local and national events. Tickets for many local events can be obtained here
- Theatre bookings for Bradford’s Alhambra and St Georges Hall, Bingley Arts Centre, Ilkley Playhouse, West Yorkshire Playhouse
- Bus and Rail information; bookings for Abbeyways Coaches
- Sale of Stamps, Passport to Leisure
- Sale of a wide variety of maps and books about Calderdale and the surrounding area, including town trails, walking, cycling, horse riding, historical and local interest guides
- Postcards, videos and other souvenirs, including the "Yorkshire" range.
The Piece Hall is built on a slope and is largely cobbled or paved with stone slabs, and therefore some difficulty may be experienced by wheelchair users. The Halifax Visitor Centre and Art Gallery is situated on the first floor. There is a lift on the ground floor of the Piece Hall, which should be taken to the first floor. On leaving the lift, turn right onto the balcony and the Visitor Centre is on the right. The first floor is also paved with stone slabs but once inside the Visitor Centre and Art Gallery the room is level.
The Calderdale Visitor Guide contains a wealth of useful information such as where to stay, where to eat, attractions in the area and more.