Funding and grant opportunities
The Sports Development Team are here to help any club with their funding application, so if your club needs advice or support please get in touch.
On Thursday evenings clubs can make an appointment, between 6 pm – 9 pm, to speak with a Sports Development Officer about their funding applications. Telephone 01422 264745 to book an appointment.
Sport England Funding: Small Grants Scheme
Grants of £300 up to £10,000 for projects working with young people (14+) and adults.
- Is a recognised sport
- Constituted group
- Must be a new project
- Completed within 12 weeks
- Deliver Sport England strategic outcomes:
- Growth in participation in the 14-25 age range
- Growth in participation in adults
- Excellent sporting experience for existing participants
- Growth in participation by people with disabilities.
For an application form and further detailed information visit Small Grants Programme|.
Sport England Funding: Sportsmatch
Grants of £1000 up to £100,000 for projects working with young people (14+) and adults.
- Sponsorship from commercial sector minimum of £1000. (Donations also accepted)
- Constituted group
- Must be a new project
- Maximum of 5 sponsors
- Deliver Sportsmatch strategic outcomes:
- An increase in the proportion of 14-25’s playing sport once a week
- A growth in regular (once a week) participation for all those aged 14+
- A reduction in drop off at ages 16, 18, 21 and 24
- Growth in participation by people with a disability.
For an application form and further detailed information visit Sportsmatch |.
Sport England: Inspired Facilities
Open for applications 23 July to 17 September 2012.
- £20,000 up to £50,000 available for community and voluntary groups no match funding required.
- £20,000 up to £150,000 available for Local Authorities and Education establishments but requires £ for £ match funding.
Grants are for refurbishing or up grading facilities.
- Show how project will keep and attract more people
- Demonstrate that there is a need and evidence this
- Explain how the running costs are to be covered and how it will be sustainable.
Sport England are particularly looking for projects or organisations who:
- Have not received an individual sports lottery grant of more than £10,000
- Offer opportunities for those who do not currently play sport
- Only public sports facility in local community.
For an application form and further detailed information visit Sport England|
Sport England: Protecting Playing Fields
Open for applications 14 May to 9 July and 12 November to January 2013.
Grants of £20,000 up to £50,000 are available to fund capital projects that create, develop and improve playing fields.
- Site must be owned or have a lease for 25 years
- Project must be community led and have strong local partnerships
- Identified through Calderdale's Playing Pitch Strategy
- Education and statutory organisations must have partnership funding
- Local Authorities require £ for £ match funding
- Education establishments require 30% match funding and needs to demonstrate a strong community sports club – school link
- Voluntary and community sector do not require partnership funding.
For an application form and further detailed information visit Development Management|.
For information on other funding schemes available to clubs and organisations visit:
Sports clubs across Calderdale can access support with:
- Club accreditation such as club mark, charter standard, CAPS etc
- Funding applications
- Coach Education Courses
- Increasing membership both adults and children
- School to club links
- General advice and information.
For further information on any of the above please contact the Sports Development officer for clubs and coaches: email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 01422 264745.
Register your club online and be included on the Calderdale club and activity directory.
The benefits of signing your club up to the database are:
- Promotion of your club to possible new members
- Receive up to date information on funding and training opportunities
- Support with Club Accreditation such as Club Mark, Charter Standard etc.
For further information or assistance on registering your club please contact the Sports Development officer for clubs and coaches: email email@example.com, telephone 01422 264745.
You can book online for many sports and leisure activities
How are we doing?
We want to know if we're getting it right.
Our fitness membership packages offer an unbeatable range of health and fitness activities at different centres across Calderdale.