Better living service
What is better living service?
Better living service offers physical activities and healthy lifestyles courses that are specifically designed for people who meet our criteria.
All our schemes are free of charge for the first twelve weeks, after which members can benefit from a price subsidy for certain Council Leisure Activities for a further 9 months.
We offer the following courses:
- Adults – Safe and specific exercise and healthy weight loss for Adults
- Families – Fun physical activities and healthy lifestyles for children and families
- Mums – Safe and specific exercise and healthy lifestyles for pregnant and post-natal women
- Stroke recovery – Safe and specific rehabilitation exercise for survivors of strokes
- CARES – Cancer Rehabilitation Exercise Service for survivors of certain cancers.
The aims of the scheme are to:
- Encourage and promote long-term participation in regular physical activity by introducing people to physical activity/exercise through a structured programme that is safe and suitable for their needs.
- Improve overall physical and emotional well-being of people who would not normally take part in physical activity, encourage people to eat a healthier diet and help overweight people to lose weight healthily.
More information is available About the Better Living Service