Arts and entertainment

Guidance on the requirements for hosting events in your neighbourhood.

Alcohol and entertainment licences

Under the Licensing Act 2003, licensable activities need to be covered by a premises licence, club premises certificate or temporary event notice. These activities include play, dance and music performances, film screenings, indoor sporting events and the provision of late night refreshment.

Event hosting and filming permissions

Guidance on holding an event or street party in your neighbourhood, or on filming in Calderdale.

Gambling and gaming licences

Details of the Gambling Act 2005 and how it affects licensing, plus application forms for premises licences, gaming machines and running small lotteries.

Sex establishment licence

A licence is required to run a business which sells, hires, exchanges, lends, demonstrates or displays sex articles.

Last Updated: 26/03/2015