Taking part in our walks
Please turn off your mobile phone during the walk.
- Most activities are free - see listing for details.
- Dress appropriately for the activity. Walkers need boots, warm clothing and waterproofs, except for in summer when, boots / stout shoes and waterproofs should suffice.
- Jeans are unsuitable for walking unless you bring waterproofs.
- No booking is required unless stated in the programme.
- For walks in the countryside, we would prefer you to leave your dog at home. If you do bring it please keep it on a lead at all times. Please note that Open Access land may have restrictions on dogs at certain times of the year, which may not be in force at the time of going to press. Please also note that some landowners have banned dogs from Open Access
land permanently (for example Walshaw Dean Estate and Manshead Hill). Where dogs are allowed on Access land, they must be kept on a lead at all times. If in doubt, please leave your pet at home for the walk.
- No unaccompanied children under 16.
- Check bus times for 'bus walks' and bring change for the fare.
- The pace of our walks is relatively slow. If anyone gets ahead of the leader then we will assume that they have left the walk.
- Walks are circular unless otherwise stated.
- No smoking whilst attending led walks and activities.
Whilst every care is taken on these walks and activities, please remember that everyone taking part does so at their own risk. We reserve the right to refuse to allow ill equipped people to take part if we feel that to allow them to do so could endanger themselves or others.