Energy efficiency for business
"Many companies think of energy as a fixed overhead but saving energy is actually one of the easiest ways to reduce costs and improve your reputation."
Reducing the amount of energy you use is one of the fastest and most effective ways to save your business money.
Calderdale Council can help with practical advice on efficiency and renewable energy. We can also provide up to date information on the current support available as well as opportunities within the emerging low carbon economy.
Two initiatives have been launched to provide this support:
- The Environmental business award:
A free accreditation and advice scheme available to local businesses that want to demonstrate their commitment to contributing towards the regions goal of 40% reduction in carbon emissions by 2020. Introduced by Calderdale Energy Future, the Award provides direct 1-1 support to help you achieve your aspirations;
- The Calderdale Carbon Club:
A forum where local businesses can share experiences with each other, gain expert advice and create new opportunities. The Club provides practical solutions to enable your business to identify and realise financial savings, growth opportunities and carbon reductions.
Flexible energy solutions for Calderdale based businesses
The Council recently joined up with Orchard Energy to set up an energy collective - 6C. By combining the buying power of businesses and public services within Calderdale, we have negotiated a plan to purchase directly from energy companies to provide our local business users with some of the lowest priced energy in the UK.
Working to reduce energy bills and lower consumption, we are taking high energy costs off the agenda. Bringing the benefits that larger businesses have had for a number of years to every business, we are increasing buying power in the energy market.
Buy together, save together - Council backed - Managed by a Calderdale based energy team.
For more information on this initiative visit: Big Six Calderdale - 6c|
Addressing energy issues has a number of business advantages, including:
- Improving your competitive edge: financial savings can be made through reduced energy costs;
- Enhancing your reputation: investors and customers are attracted to companies and organisations with a strong record of environmental performance;
- Increasing staff motivation: staff will often feel proud to work for an environmentally responsible employer;
- Complying with legislation: government drivers such as the Climate Change Levy and the Carbon Reduction Commitment are having an increasing influence on business energy use. Take action now so that your organisation is ready for the challenges of the future;
- Protecting the environment: reducing energy consumption plays a key role in tackling climate change.
There are plenty of suggestions within these pages to help save your business money.