Enforcing planning rules
Planning enforcement service request
You can use the form below if you have concerns regarding a possible unauthorised development including:
- a building, building works or any use of land,
- an unauthorised advert,
- unauthorised works to trees covered by a Tree Preservation Order,
- unauthorised works to a listed building
- or non-compliance with planning permissions or conditions.
Only planning matters are dealt with by the Planning Enforcement Team. Private legal matters, compliance with deeds or covenants, ownership issues, reduction in property values are not planning matters.
- All fields marked with an asterisk* are required and must be completed.
- All names and addresses will be kept confidential.
- If you wish to remain anonymous you can contact your Councillor who will raise the issues with us on your behalf.
- If you ask if planning permission is required for the existing development we will investigate this. If an application is required we will request one. If one is not received we will consider whether the development meets planning policies. If it does not meet policy we will consider further action; this may involve the service of a Planning Contravention Notice, Breach of Condition Notice or Enforcement Notice.
- An acknowledgment will be sent to you, if you provide us with your email address.