Report flooding

If you see flooding, or spot a potential risk of flooding, identify the cause and report it to the appropriate authority.

Blocked road gully: Calderdale Council

The Council does not service unadopted roads. To find out a road's status, check Road adoption.

Blocked watercourse

Watercourses are normally the responsibility of the owner of the land through which they flow.

Calderdale Council has powers to require owners to clear blocked or defective watercourses and can do the work itself and re-charge the costs.

Burst water main: Yorkshire Water

Reservoir breach: Environment Agency

River overflow: Environment Agency

Sewer flooding: Yorkshire Water


If there is any risk to life telephone 999.

Last Updated: 07/07/2016