Why not bring your class on a visit to one of our beautiful countryside sites?
Ogden Water, Jerusalem Farm, Shibden Estate, Centre Vale Park, Wellholme Park, Beechwood Park and Manor Heath Park have much to offer to assist you in the delivery of the National Curriculum across a range of subjects including Science, Geography, Citizenship and Art.
Two members of the Countryside Team will work with your class and will provide all materials used during the workshop. All sessions are fully risk assessed, and teachers are welcome to arrange a pre-visit to a site.
Locations and workshops
- Beechwood Park, Holmfield: Sensory Walks, Wildlife Discovery Toddle, Minibeasts, Native American Indians;
- Centre Vale Park: Woodland minibeasts, Environmental Art, Habitats, Trees, Sensory walks, Earth walks, Wildlife Discovery Toddle, Native American Indians, Spring Watch;
- Jerusalem Farm: Wildlife Discovery Toddle, Teddy Bear’s Picnic, Minibeasts, Environmental Art, Trees, Sensory Walks, Stream Dipping, Native American Indians, Earth Walks, Habitats, Sampling techniques for Key Stage 3 Biology, Bird or Bat box building, Feed the birds, Spring Watch, Autumn Watch, Mid-winter celebrations, minibeasts, People's effect on the environment;
- Manor Heath Park: Butterflies, Interdependence and Adaptation, Minibeasts, Spring Watch, Autumn Watch, Wildlife Discovery Toddle, Sensory Walks, Earth Walks, Climate Change, Trees, Bat and Bird box building.
- Ogden Water: Minibeasts, Wildlife Discovery Toddle, Poetry in the Pinewoods, Habitats, Trees, Sensory Walks, Feed the Birds, Bird and Bat Box building, Mid-winter celebrations, Environmental Art, Earth Walks, Spring Watch, Autumn Watch, People’s effect on the environment, Forces, Digging up the past, Native American Indians;
- Shibden Estate: Habitats and Trees;
- Wellholme Park: Sensory Walks, Wildlife Discovery Toddle, Autumn Watch, Spring Watch, Minibeasts, Native American Indians.
A series of workshops suitable for Key Stage 2 which explores the issue of litter and its effect on communities and wildlife. The workshops can be delivered one hour per day over a half term or over a full day in school. Please contact us for further information. This workshop is delivered on school premises and is for Calderdale schools. These workshops are £100.00 per class. If the school has a Grounds Maintenance contract with Safer Cleaner Greener the first workshop is free.
If the topic you are currently working on with your class is not covered by the workshops, why not give us a ring as it may be possible to devise a half day visit to enhance your pupils' learning experience. If the cost of the transport prevents you from visiting our sites, please give us a call to see if we can deliver a workshop in your school grounds or local park.
School visits can be arranged where a number of the workshops can be delivered including, Feed the birds, Earth Walks, Bird and bat box building and Minibeasts. Please contact us to talk about the workshops in more detail.
If the cost of transport prevents you from attending one of our workshops, have you considered letting us come to you? We can often work in school grounds or a local park or woodland that is within walking distance of your school. The content of workshops depends on what habitats can be found on your doorstep.
- Calderdale schools:
Half day workshop £3.25 per pupil, full day workshop £6.50 per pupil;
- Calderdale based Academies or Private Schools:
Half day £3.75 per pupil, full day £7.50 per pupil;
- Schools from other areas:
Half day workshop £4.25 per pupil, full day workshop £8.50 per pupil.
- Litter awareness - £100 per class (free first workshop if school has a contract with Safer Cleaner Greener).
|Bat box building||Half day charge + £2.50 per box for materials|
|Bird box building||Half day charge + £4 per box for materials|
|Digging up the past (3 hours)|
|Kite making and Native American Indians||Half day charge + £1.00 per child for materials|
|Mid winter celebrations||Half day charge + £1.00 per child for materials|
Contact and booking information
- Julie Swift
- 01422 284415.